Wednesday, September 17, 2014

But... How???

Ok, so how did we do it?

It's actually easy.  I recommend reading the NEW Atkins book.  This will help you understand the science behind it and help you get started by following the Induction phase, which kick-starts your body into ketosis, changes the way your body burns and processes the food you put into it.

Basic rundown: when you eat carbohydrates, the body recognizes it as sugar - all carbohydrates, not just the obvious sugar you find in candy and desserts.  This includes grains, wheat, pasta, rice, potatoes, corn, carrots, etc...  Sugar is poison.  

I also just found this guy's video - watch/listen to him for the 29 minutes, he explains it perfectly!

So, what do we eat?  REAL FOOD.  I don't buy food from the center of the grocery store - shop the perimeter, that's where the real food is.  Beef, Chicken, Pork, Seafood, Vegetables, Berries, full fat cheese, heavy cream, butter, sour cream, cream cheese.  The possibilities are endless when you are cooking your own food.

I plan to share amazing recipes that I find and try. I have a few pictures just so you can see how well we've been eating.  I don't miss all the carbs. I really don't. I don't miss the feeling of being over-stuffed and tired and I certainly don't miss the heart-burn! - all of those symptoms are gone, and I don't go hungry.

My new Fave: "Breaded" Chicken and Caprese Salad

Grilled Filet Mignon with Portabella Mushtroom Feta Cream Sauce, 
Creamed Spinach, and Grilled Buffalo Shrimp

Grilled Chicken, Grilled Zucchini & Mashed Cauliflower (Feuxtatoes), with some buffalo sauce & ranch for dipping

Salads made with Organic Mixed Greens, Organic Cucumber, Organic Strawberries, Almond Slivers, & cheese (one with mozzarella and one with feta).  Dressing is Annie's Balsamic.


Thanks for reading!

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment